Be part of a growing and prosperous company in our Cedar Rapids, Iowa office. Auxiant is a third party administrator of self-funded employee benefit plans. As part of the impactful and ever-changing health care industry, you will assist clients, brokers, and account managers to develop and implement health plans that meet the needs of both employers and employees. Auxiant offers a superior level of customer service to its clients and recognizes is greatest asset is its team members. We are a family-oriented company offering an excellent wage and benefit packages.
The Plan Document Specialist will work as part of our Compliance team to create, maintain, update, and modify as necessary the documents required by law (i.e. ERISA, COBRA, ACA, HIPAA) for the purposes of accurately and efficiently stating Group Health Plan benefits. Knowledge of the health insurance industry and applicable laws is preferred but not necessary. Documents are created utilizing proprietary HTML-based database. Technical knowledge of or experience with such programs is required.
Reports to: Corporate Counsel and Director of Compliance
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with a team of professionals from various disciplines including sales, marketing, legal, stop-loss insurance, claims processing, and customer service.
- Create and manage document schedules, content management, and information construction including employee medical, dental, and flex benefit plan documents.
- Research and amend documents in order to comply with legislative requirements, client requests, and/or industry practices.
- Analyze and interpret previous carrier’s documents to generate a customized client plan document.
- Consult with divisional staff and clients on open issues and plan design.
- Identify, develop and incorporate new document wording to support legislative or administrative changes.
- 3 or more years of claim handling/quality control/plan document experience is required; knowledge of TPA business and processes preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret trends, draw conclusions, and effectively make recommendations
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and written)
- Exceptional organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Enthusiastic self-starter who can work independently and self-motivate as well as contribute to and engage with an experienced, supportive team
- Capable time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, meet established deadlines and adapt to changing business needs